Sign in to follow this  
psychandtheother

How to align Header image with Feature box and Nav bar

psychandtheother

I'm having a lot of trouble getting my header to justify left on the website I am building psychologyandtheother.com the header image will not align to the left even though I have tried header Float left in Firebug. I must be missing something? Anyone want to be the second pair of eyes? My end goal is to have header, nav bar, carousel feature all aligned at the left side of the screen. :)

catrina
If you add this code does it give you the appearance you want?: [code]div#header {float: left; margin-left: -100px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

psychandtheother
close, it seems like the header moved but the whole page shifted as well. I was hoping that it would just bump the header image over to line up with the carousel right underneath. If I copy and paste the code some of my nav bar dissapears into the left margin close tho!

Rob
Replace Catrina's code with this: [code].fixed_width #branding .content-pad { padding: 20px 0 15px; }[/code] The 20px controls the top margin, 0 the left and 15px the bottom. The result will be to align the branding area to the left so that it's in line with the rest of your site.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

psychandtheother
Perfect looks great! Thanks to the both of you.