Sign in to follow this  
cici1971

Thumbs for blog page

cici1971

Hi I can't figure out how to have thumbs on my blog page.http://www.ciaraconlon.com. I have selected the layout I want in Pagelines > Settings >Blog and Posts but nothing seems to change. Do I need to set up a template I haven't figured out templates yet or whether I need them. Thanks

Simon
If the post has a 'featured image' it will be displayed there.

cici1971
Hi Pross thanks for your reply, I have just upgraded to pagelines and all my existing posts have images but these are not appearing on home page. Any idea why?

Simon
They are posts with images not posts with featured images.

cici1971
Thanks again, I deleted my existing image and entered a feature image in my latest post but the still image doesn't appear.I must be missing something?

cici1971
Hi Catrina, yes I clicked on set Feature Image, I can see the code has been added and then on update but it doesn't appear

Rob
Code added? You lost me there? Are you talking about Feature Sliders or Feature image (thumbnail)?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cici1971
sorry I mean I can see the image tag has been added to the html at the beginning of my post. I am taking about Feature image thumbnails

Rob
Okay, something's wrong in how you're executing the feature image because you should not see any code in HTML view. Let's take this step by step. Go to Dashboard > Posts > Add New and create a new post called Test Image. Use that for the title of the post. Then, add some text in the body of the post. Now, on the right column, scrolled down, you will see a link for Feature Image. Click the link. A popup will appear to select the image. Pick one you wish to display (not too large, please, and preferably square in shape). At the bottom of the image editing you need to click "Use as featured image" then simply close the image editing box by clicking the right X at top. DO NOT SAVE anything before closing that box. Look on the right side of your post editing page (scroll down) and you should now see that image as the featured image. Now, save the post. Visit your front page and see if that image appears.

cici1971
Hi I followed your instructions and I think I see where the problem is. I am unable to upload a photo using the Flash uploader or the Browser uploader. I have never got this to work I have always added my images from URL and doing it this way I have to select insert into post. Any ideas why my the flash or browser uploader doesn't work. The image folder that the uploader tries to access is http://www.ciaraconlon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01 and the file permissions are the following drwxr-xr-x really appreciate your help on this thanks

Rob
Go to your site via FTP and then CHMOD the [b]uploads[/b] folder to [b]777[/b] to make it writable. Any subfolders that exist should also be CHMOD to 777 as well. [b]drwxr-xr-x[/b] is [u]not writable[/u] by the server. As you try to upload an image, your server is rejecting the upload because WordPress lacks the proper permissions. It should be [b]drwxrwxrwx[/b] to be fully writable. Go to Dashboard > Settings > Media and make sure the settings are correct. They should be blank for both Uploading files options. [b]Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders[/b] should be checked.

cici1971
Thanks for all your help :) all working well now