Sign in to follow this  
pascualcm

My WP is generating hundreds of "features" and "boxes"

pascualcm

It keeps generating the stock features and boxes! Theres over 800+

Simon
Can you list all your active plugins for me? And wordpress version. Reason I ask is this has happened a couple of times and each time we have never been able to reproduce this, its down to a plugin creating posts but its also creating the custom post types as it does not know not to. Anyway if you can disable the plugins one at a time and find the culprit we might be able to make a fix.

sonicdeath
My blog is generating thousands now. Started about 16 hours ago. No plugin changes to the site in a couple weeks. Last big change was turning on cloudflare.com and W3 Total Cache about 2 weeks ago. Happy to let you poke around the site if you want.

Danny
Hi Sonicdeath, As we can not recreate this issue, would it be possible to do the following please: ??? Make a note of how many features, boxes, posts and other custom post types that seem to be creating themselves. ??? Now disable all your active plug-ins and leave it for about a day if possible and then see if the number of features, boxes etc... increases. I know this is a pain but we simply can not recreate the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sonicdeath
It's creating each type of default Boxes and each type of default Features no-stop (weirdly for the boxes it would use my Twitter plugin to post them to Twitter but only one of each type of the default after the other about every 7-8 minutes for the just 15 hours yesterday when I caught the issue and killed off the Twitter feed - the other 3,0000+ boxes did not get added to the published Box set I am using - also only about 35 of the default Features created out of 3,700+ got added to the Feature set I have published). I would bet it is related to either W3 Total Cache or Cloudflare.com (or combo of both) as those were the last two things I did two weeks ago, even though the behavior just started about 24 hours ago. I also added the Quantcast.com javascript at that time and upgraded Statpress. I will try to keep turning stuff off including the things above. I also need a way to clean up the 3,736 Default Features and similar amount of Default Boxes if you can provide one please? I can't access the blog through the admin page currently due to I think godaddy timing me out because the blog is too slow now due to the overrun of stuff.

Simon
The rogue boxes/features are easy to nuke using phpmyadmin or whatever equivalent your host provides but you need to find the plugin causing it first.

sonicdeath
Hi, It stopped doing it, I don't know why. still running the prime suspects. Where would I find the features and boxes to kill in phpmyadmin? Thanks, Ron

Simon
wp-posts look for post_type boxes and feature

sonicdeath
Figured out who to delete the rows in myPHPadmin, thanks. delete FROM `fg_posts` WHERE post_content like '%Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation%';

Simon
If you figure the plugin causing it let us know!

dagreat8
This is happening to me too! How do I stop this?? Running WP 3.3.1 Installed on a subdomain Installed plugins: cforms All-in-One Event Calendar NextGEN Gallery Pagelines Sections Post Types Order TinyMCE Advanced W3 Total Cache Wordpress Importer WPBakery Visual Composer Please Help!

Simon
disable one plugin at a time.

dagreat8
Well, I am...but is it absolutely a plugin issue? Or could it be something else? FYI all those plugins except for All-in-One Event Calendar are running on other sites with Pagelines framework with no problems. So of course, I disable that plugin for now...but what if that doesn't solve the problem? I doubt it will be one of the other plugins...

Simon
It is a plugin that is causing the issue.