Sign in to follow this  
geekette

What "forum" solution should I use & where do I get the info.

geekette

First off, as a relative WordPress & PlatformPro neophyte I will apologize for perhaps not having all the appropriate terminology. I have been asked to put together a proposal for the redevelopment of a public web site as well as the implementation of an intranet for a staff of approx 300. In this intranet, some of the requirements are a WIKI area as well as a staff forum. I am at the point where I am investigating which forum solutions or packages are available, their benefits & drawbacks, ease of use by moderators/maintenance as well as users... and oh yeah, ideally available in French & English! So I have been repeated told BBPress is a nightmare to install, use & maintain,and forget about it. Then I was shown and started trying out the Vanilla Forums, and also told to look into Expression Engine. While I already have a PlatformPro licence, I never knew it had a forum component and that it is apparently free. Am I getting this right? So what's the deal here? Which tool is best to use, most stable, most user friendly, least high-maintenance and of course most cost effective to integrate into a custom WordPress theme. What and how do I choose? Your time to read this post and respond is greatly appreciated.

Jenny
"What forum do I use?": You can post in whichever forum is relative to your product. So this could be in the PlatformPro forum. (I am moving it for you after I post this.) The Platform Forum is simply a theme for styling bbpress to look like and function with PlatformPro. It's really your choice for what you want to use. Everyone has their opinion on which they like / don't like. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.