Sign in to follow this  
Wim Dijkgraaf

Blog Page / Feature page Why different form normal templates?

Wim Dijkgraaf

I'm using PageLines for about a week now so I'm really a new be. In the WordPress templates I used before, a WordPress page could be of the type "blog page". When "blog page" was selected, a selection box appeared with the post categories that should be displayed on that page. My question is how I can replicate this same functionality with PageLines? In Pagelines, I don't see a page type "blog page" in the selection box. A page template "blog page" exists but it doesn't show up anywhere. A Pageline "category page" doesn't do the trick neither, because as far as I understand is applicable to a category, and a category itself doesn't have contents so no Pageline Meta Tabs to make it context specific. Thanks in advance, Wim Dijkgraaf

Wim Dijkgraaf
If this is not standard functionality in PageLines and it can only be done through a plugin, please let me know which plugin. I've tried 3 plugins now and all of them don't work properly with PageLines. Thanks in advance, Wim Dijkgraaf

Jenny
"blog page" is the default landing page when you have Wordpress -> Settings -> Reading set to display most recent posts. If you want to display a page with categories, why not just make a custom menu item that links to the category page?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Wim Dijkgraaf
Because I want a page with a special banner, only for that page. A banner page could be an option but that's a page. I want a banner to show only for a specific category.

Wim Dijkgraaf
In addition, I prefer to use a page that has a nice introductory text with the posts related to that category below it. Something that is possible in almost every WordPress theme ... but with PageLines it seems to be difficult.

Wim Dijkgraaf
so, because a category page is not a page ... and I need a page to add just a bit of extra information before the post excerpts are shown below that information.