Sign in to follow this  
bizint

Removing Share this buttons from banner and post excerpts

bizint

Hi, apologies this is similar to a previous post, but I need to hide sharing icons that are appearing in a strange place again. I've changed sharing plug in because my twitter wasnt working. Now my sharing button is working I cant hide where it appears in werid places! I've tried with firebug to find the CSS to turn it off - no joy! First off - I need to hide the strange share this links in the banner, see here: http://www.businessinteriors.co.uk/birmingham-office-refurbishment-of-fort-dunlop/ Secondly need to hide all the share buttons under the excerpts see here: http://www.businessinteriors.co.uk/tag/birmingham/ Many thanks for helping me figure out the css!

catrina
Please add this CSS: [code]div.banner-media p, div.banner-content p {display: none}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bizint
that seems to remove the banner altogether.... :-(

Simon
[code].banner-area .st_email_large, .banner-area .st_facebook_large, .banner-area .st_twitter_large, .banner-area .st_sharethis_large, .banner-area .st_fblike_large { display: none; }[/code] [code].post-excerpt .st_email_large, .post-excerpt .st_facebook_large, .post-excerpt .st_twitter_large, .post-excerpt .st_sharethis_large, .post-excerpt .st_fblike_large { display: none; }[/code] You need to practice firebug more ;)

bizint
however you did point me in the right direction! :)>- .banner-content .st_email_large, .banner-content .st_sharethis_large, .banner-content .st_facebook_large, .banner-content .st_twitter_large, .banner-content .st_fblike_large {display: none;} .banner-media .st_email_large, .banner-media .st_sharethis_large, .banner-media .st_facebook_large, .banner-media .st_twitter_large, .banner-media .st_fblike_large {display: none;} woohoo!

bizint
thanks Pross....you were doing it at the same time as me...much appreciated! Found it eventually!

quipmaster
Dear Pros. Can this be performed without firebug? Best regards, Luis

bizint
I must say....its weird how the banners are set up...quip...if there is a way I look forward to hearing it! I dont like all that hidden stuff. Its messy

Simon
Banners, features and boxes are all special custom post types, thats how wordpress stores them, thats what gives you the feature/box/banner edit screen, you are basically editing a special post that is only displayed in certain areas. Trouble is your sharing plugin adds its share buttons to any post, be it a post, page, box banner or feature. It does not care it just adds them to posts.

bizint
Simon, my related post plug in and sharing buttons covered themselves all over the banners (and had to hide), but I didn't have the same trouble with the features and the boxes....