Sign in to follow this  
davemassen

Featured Area links not working

davemassen

Hi everyone In the most simple step by step terms can someone help me out. My featured area and the recent posts widget next to it are not clickable and this is quite important for the website I only happen in the featured slider and subsequently if i add the following code to the slider to make it less than full width it then affects the recent post widget too. #feature_slider div.default-features {width: 700px;} #feature-area {width: 650px} .home #feature-footer {width: 640px;} .home #feature_slider{width:700px;} .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-490px;} .home #feature-area, .feature-wrap {width: 624px;} .home #feature-footer {width: 624px;} .home #sidebar-wrap {font-size: 13px} .home #feature-area, .feature-wrap {font-size: 8.5px} So i conclude that it is something in the featured slider code thats wrong or missing. This is because no matter if i use or remove the custom code the featured slider isnt clickable to go into the articles directly. I have currently removed the custom code so that you can see the recent posts work but i need help making the featured slider clickable, even if it is just making the 'Read more' bit at the bottom clickable Thank you Dave

Danny
Hi Dave, Can you post a link to your website please, so we can take a closer look.

Please search our forums, before posting!

davemassen
sorry massive blond moment thought i had www.rockindustry.co.uk

kastelic
When I click there it get a popup saying "don't steal our images". You may have to deactivate or modify whatever plugin you're using for this.

davemassen
Ah right could this be stopping it? its a copyright protection thing to stop image stealing ill remove if thats the cause

Simon
Dave, free advice... javascript anti image scripts were popular 10 years ago maybe. They are just a PITA and dont really work considering you can still easily view the source of the page, and all web spiders especially the image harvest bots do not parse javascript or css ;) Use real hotlink protection using htaccess.

davemassen
Cheers for the advice pross you had me all the way up to hotlink protection but ill research that bit. Now to my original question....any idea why my links arent working in the featured area which is also affecting the recent posts links down the side if i shorten the width of the slider. It has to be something missing in the slider code somewhere thats not allowing links.... Dave

Jenny
I can't figure out why your read more link isn't showing up. What method are you using to display your features? Did you create them manually, or are they pulling from featured post or categories?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Rob
Hi, the category mode in PlatformPro has never properly worked. However, we did fix this in PageLines Framework. Have you considered upgrading?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

davemassen
I bought pagelines at the same time as without going too much into it i got duped by a rogue third party designer. Anyway i couldnt get that framework to work great either. However that still doesnt answer my question as to how to solve this issue. Pagelines also throws a lot more issues like not yet being able to globally set the featured posts to all pages which im not prepared to individually edit hundreds of articles. So please can someone help and help me fix the issue with platform pro and my site and not detract with other questions and stuff, i really want to sort this with the current package i have Cheers Dave

Rob
Dave, The reason I asked about PageLines Framework is that most of our development effort, particularly in terms of the feature slider are going into our new product, not into PlatformPro. We have an upcoming release that will give you many more controls than the first release of PageLines Framework, The feature slider option for category mode had difficulties for quite some time and those are not likely to be fixed in that product. There's no known work-around or hack either. However, as I suggested it does work perfectly in the Developer Edition of PageLines Framework with even more options coming with the next release. I apologize if this isn't the answer you wanted but it's [u]the answer[/u].

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
As an aside Dave, if you switch back to 2.x I'll be happy to send you the latest feature file from the upcoming release.

davemassen
I like the 2.0 framework a lot but since i have very little understanding other than the stuff i try and fail/succeed at on the site I dont know how easy it would be to implement this file pross. rangelone I understand pagelines will be the future of your development and if you were to release or help me implement the new files so that globally i can control my feature slider and that i dont have to adjust every post ive ever created then id be happy to only ever use pagelines framework 2.0.... As long as it makes my slider clickable too *wink* really frustrating that it isnt clickable..... Thank you both for your help i really just want to make the site amazing before trying to work out how to expand it even further with new features etc. Dave

Simon
The global settings will be added in the next release. You can make the title clickable for now in 1.5 by editing the features file itself.