Sign in to follow this  
simonkemp@mac.com

Couple of Pagelines with iBlogpro template questions

1. I am trying to change the height of the default feature slider. I see I can set this in Pagelines>Special>Category Page>Features Having changed this (and made my feature images smaller) I see no change. Anything else I have missed? 2. Anyway to change the colour of the pagelines/iblogpro 5 menu bar? In the standalone theme I remember finding the image file and changing the colour there before re-uploading it. Any way to accomplish this under Pagelines? Thanks, Simon

Danny
Hi Simon, 1. When you enter the figure to change the height, are you entering "200" or "200px" (without quotes). You need to use only the number, adding px to the end will cause the height to revert back to the default 330px. 2. To change the navigation menu in iBlogPro 5, simply do the same as you did for iBlogPro 4. The navigation is simply an image repeated using CSS.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Thanks Danny will check the pixel info. Where can I find that navigation image to change it? With the static theme I located in it's relevant folder, downloaded it, changed the colour in Photoshop and reuploaded it. Is that the same thing here? TIA, Simon.

Hmmm, the pixel info in the height box at Pagelines>Special>Category Page>Features is just the number, no px or whatever. Is this the only thing I should be doing to make the feature slider images narrower in height? Doesn't seem to have an effect. Thanks again for any help.

Jenny
Can we get a link to your site? It may be a min-height CSS issue. We'll also be able to tell you where the gradient image is located too.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
Image is at /wp-content/themes/pagelines-iblogpro5/images/nav-bg.png There is no min-height CSS for the features. I think the problem is that the images you have uploaded are too tall (if you're trying to lessen the height). For example, [url="http://devant.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/featurenew32.jpg"]this image[/url] is 930x380, therefore your feature will be 380 tall, at least. It essentially turns it in to a min-height. If you want less height, you will either need to crop your images using a photo editor or we can crop the section with CSS. :)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
You're welcome :) On a side note, I played around with the feature height a bit today and it work for me using categories as the feature source. So if you're including the image when you set up the feature, then that's probably it.