Sign in to follow this  
ksarul

Home page not in nav

ksarul

I'm new to Pagelines so be gentle with me! I can't seem to work out why my home page (it's a blog page) is not appearing in the navigation bar (ie 'Home'), or how to make it do so. Thanks for any help.

mackenzie
To create and assign a Home page I recommend the section "Choose if your site is a Blog or Website and setup WP to do this" at http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Get_Started_with_PageLines. There are step by step instructions on how to set up a Home page and then how to configure WordPress to handle the Home page. You can also view the menu layout out (what pages are listed in what order) by going to your left hand panel and clicking on Appearance > Menus. From here you can change the layout of your main navigation menu

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

ksarul
Forgive me, I thought those instructions were for making your home page a static page? My home page is the blog home page. That's why I'm curious that it's not automatically coming up in the navigation. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious!

ksarul
Creating a custom menu in Appearance > Menus seems to have done the trick. I thought the home page of the blog would come up automatically in the main nav, but I guess not.

Rob
Hi, First, may we ask for a link to your site so we can see what the menu has in it? Next... did you login as Admin, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and manually add a link to your homepage as a Custom Menu Item? You'd just add the URL to the site, and for the label, type "Home" without the quotes. Save it and save the menu. Now it's important to make sure you have a properly set up menu, which is why we need to see its structure. I look forward to assisting you once we've seen how it's going.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ksarul
http://www1.certaintycompliance.com.au/ I created a custom menu and set it as the primary website navigation. Home was one of the things I could add to it (Pages > View All). Seems to work fine now.

Danny
Thanks for informing us that this issue is now resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!