Sign in to follow this  
psychandtheother

Old Css Code

psychandtheother

I'm fairly new to coding and I am currently redesigning my website. I am having a problem with the background as all the css codes are "inherited" from some unknown space. http://www.psychologyandtheother.com/ is the website and I have investigated it with firebug. Not only am I having trouble with the code. I do not have a color design setting in my platform pro settings. Which brings me to my issue. I am trying to change the background in the Main post content from the maroon color to #000000. Nothing has worked so far. I also prefer to have the background be on all site not just for the post content area. Css codes haven't worked and the theme color design system is not there? Anyone have any suggestions?

mackenzie
If you are using PageLines you can control these settings from your Wordpress Admin Dashboard and clicking on PageLines > Settings > Color Control. You can see the Wiki here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Use_the_Color_Control_Settings

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

psychandtheother
Thanks for the help, but those options aren't available in my platform. That is apparently for version 2.0 not the older platform according to the wiki article. I clicked Pagelines via the admin tab and it offers me no design control option which is mystifying. I even followed the wiki article, but even with the pictures, the panel was completely different than the options it gives me besides the first too. I have seen a design control before but now it's completely gone. Would a screenshot help?

psychandtheother
I think my problem is I am stuck with an outdated version of Platform Pro.... I used div containers, prim nav containments, all advice that I had seen on the forums, but none are taking hold. Matter of fact the only design control options aren't affecting the site. This is starting to be very confusing. I have a screen shot but see no way of uploading it to the site.... XD Confused.......

psychandtheother
I found the video for the pagelines design control settings. I am right the design control tab is not there! http://www.pagelines.com/docs/design-control this was the site that contained the video and the design control tab is gone. I tried both updating via wordpress which didn't work due to same file name and my host doesn't allow FTP transfers. What do I do now?

Danny
Hi, I have checked your site and found that you have Platform Pro version 1.1.4. this is an extremely out of date version. The current version of Platform Pro is 1.5.3. This may be why you cannot see the design control or color control. I recommend you login to your PageLines Launchpad and download the latest version of Platform Pro and upgrade. You should then have access to the design control or color control.

Please search our forums, before posting!

psychandtheother
Totally right Danny, I came to the conclusion after realizing from the screenshots that I have an outdated version. CSS code is work as well the proper design technology