Sign in to follow this  
jimanderson

Installing Version 2.0

jimanderson

I am trying to install the new version of Pagelines 2.0. I have the old one installed now, I think 1.5 or so. I need step by step instructions that are clearer than the "read me" file and other stuff I have found. I have 2 files ... 1.) 2.0 Pre-Order + PlatformPro 2.) PageLines Framework - Professional Do I install them both? What is the difference between the 2 files? When I tried to up load the file called "2.0 Pre-Order + PlatformPro" I received a message saying, "Destination folder already exists." I do not know how to change the name of the existing folder or how to create a new folder. I am using Media Temple. Do I need to do this with them? How do I change this folder name? thanks

kastelic
Go to Appearance -> Themes and click Install Themes -> Upload. Then navigate to your Pagelines Framework -> Professional zip folder and it will upload and install automatically.

Simon
'2.0 Pre-Order + PlatformPro' is PlatformPro 1.5.3, whaich is in a folder platformpro on the server, the folder already exists if you have it installed already. 'PageLines Framework - Professional' is the new 2.0, it lives in a folder called 'pagelines' DO NOT upload it to platformpro folder.