Sign in to follow this  
iamtheeverydaygirl

CSS code not working at all?

iamtheeverydaygirl

I'm very new to PlatformPro ... but having trouble getting ANY custom css code to work! I've been attempting to change the margins (eliminate the white space) between the header and the navigation menu. I've also been trying to change the size of the font in the navigation menu. Been finding a lot of suggestions for code in this forum, but nothing I enter is working!? Is there something simple I need to do that a newbie wouldn't know about? Use a certain phrasing? Activate it somewhere?! Here's our website so far -- http://173.239.45.59/~iamtheev/ Thanks in advance!

kastelic
Where are you adding your code? You can either add it in Custom Code -> Custom CSS or by using style.css in the Pagelines Customize Plugin. Some rules won't override unless you use the !important declaration. And if you have a typo in your CSS, some or all of it will not apply. Can you post all your custom CSS here?

iamtheeverydaygirl
Hi there -- I've tried a lot of custom CSS that I've found in the forum ... here's what I tried to change the font size in the primary navigation bar: ' #primary-nav li a { font-size:.9em; } ' I also used this code to try (it did not work, also): ' #primary-nav li.page_item a {color: #f71e28; font-size: 36px;} ' ******* I'm also trying to eliminate the white space between the header logo and the main navigation bar ... I tried this: ' #branding .content-pad { padding: 20px 0px 0px; } ' Thanks for the help!

iamtheeverydaygirl
Sorry -- forgot to say that! Under settings ... Custom Code -> Custom CSS

catrina
Try this CSS for changing the menu item link and adjusting the space between the navigation and branding: [code]ul.main-nav li.page_item a {color: #f71e28; font-size: 36px;} section#nav {margin-top: -10px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

iamtheeverydaygirl
Thanks catrina! That worked!!