Sign in to follow this  
kak8500

Using different boxes in footer

kak8500

I upgraded to 2.0 because I thought it would allow me to use different boxes in the footer of a page versus the body of a page. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Is there a way? I'd like a different set of boxes in the footer than what's being used in the body. Currently, if I have boxes in both places on the same page, it just repeats the same box set in the footer. If this isn't possible, I can't seem to find any other way to truly customize the footer. Please help. Thanks.

Rob
The footer contains a number of columns that are by default, set up in one sidebar (the footer). There's no way to add one of our boxes into a footer column. However, you can get a plugin called "Boxer" http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/boxer/ which lets you create a shortcode to apply a box anywhere. A "Boxer" box can then be added into a text widget placed inside a footer column. You then use Dashboard > Boxes > Add New to apply the content of each specific box you wish to have.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kak8500
That sounds more complicated than I'm up for. Maybe I just need some more information on how to edit the footer columns? I can't seem to figure out where I can do that.

Simon
Rather than placing the boxes twice, you need to 'clone' the boxes then you will have 2 lots of box setting in the page meta area. In the templates area click the little options button then hit clone.

julijam
I really wish there was a way to fix this within PageLines... If only we had the option to choose how we want the footer set up: with specific box, banner, etc settings just like in the main body.

catrina
Perhaps using the widget areas in a footer, you can re-create the look of boxes (with HTML and CSS customization).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse