Sign in to follow this  
kashanti

2.0 confusion

kashanti

Ok at the risk of sounding stupid, I discovered that I have pagelines 2.0 upgrade, I just never knew I had access to it. Now its in my theme, but I have not activated it yet. Please explain, like I'm a two yr old--cause I am--if this is correct. I install the framework, and activate? And then I install and activate the Platform ProBASE-custimization theme? Is that right? But the Platform pro theme 1.5 I dont touch that at all. Dont need it with the upgrade right?

Rob
PlatformPro (and Base) are totally separate installations so you do not need it with PageLines Framework (2.x). I wouldn't recommend deleting PlatformPro or Base. Simply upload PageLines Framework and activate. You will need to adjust your sidebar widgets (they get disorganized for some reason on some machines and just need to be reorgazinized - though they are not removed). You'll also need to go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and reselect your primary menu to keep your original menu visible. Again, this isn't deleted, but has to be reselected as WordPress uses menus on an individual theme basis. All your settings for PlatformPro will remain in place so if you wish to switch back and forth, it will all remain perfectly orderly.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur