Sign in to follow this  
jonas_johnson

Login integration in Vanilla forum

jonas_johnson

Hi, How do I integrate the login in pageline framework with vanilla forum? i.e when I login in my site a also need to login in vanilla forum, and if I logout I also have to logout in my site.

Rob
If you are using PageLines Framework Developer edition, with our Vanilla Integration, as soon as the integration is executed, login becomes part of the normal WordPress login process.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jonas_johnson
i'm using PageLines Framework Developer edition. but it dont work. How can I enable that

kastelic
Go to Pagelines -> Store -> Integrations and activate it there.

jonas_johnson
I have done that and deactivate and activate twice. Is it some more to do?

Jackey
If it is the login integration of WordPress and Vanilla you are looking for: There is a new way to integrate Vanilla with WordPress through the [url="http://vanillaforums.org/docs/jsconnect"]jsConnect Single Sign On plugin[/url]. PageLines Vanilla only covers the integration in the PageLine Framework (look & Layout). Due to the SOPA blackout, this info probably won't be available today.

Danny
Jackey is correct, the PageLines Vanilla integration is the look of your Vanilla forum and doesn't handle user integration. Use the link above provide by jackey to bridge users from Wordpress to Vanilla, using one login.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jonas_johnson
Ok, I will try that after the black out.. Which plugin are used in the pageline forum?

Simon
We do not use a plugin. The Launchpad system we use logs you in to the forums, the billing system and wordpress all in one.

jonas_johnson
I was meaning the plugin integration in the vanilla forum, that is included when you install the forum.

Jenny
I'm not sure what you mean by "plugin integration" ? Do you mean are we using the Vanilla integration for 2.0 on this website?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Rob
First, you install the forum completely separate from your WP installation and it's not a plugin. You get it from http://www.vanillaforums.org (for self hosting) when they're back from their SOPA outtage. You should use the same database. Then, with Vanilla properly installed outside the WP installation, use our plugin to create the integration. If you use the Vanilla Plugin available through WordPress.org, I've found it doesn't work nearly as well, so I suggest skipping that. Nothing of ours is included in the Vanilla installation. You add the integration, as described by others above, to bring Vanilla and PageLines together. I did the integration and did not require that people had to login twice.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jonas_johnson
I have already installed the vanilla forum, without any problem. I was just wondering of the plugin as you say if they are working with pagelines platform.I have tried simple press also.

jonas_johnson
I'm using PageLines Framework 2.0.1 to run Vanilla forum with Iblog5 One problem is when customize style and functions in Iblog5 this dont show up in Vanilla forum. Need to tweak that?

Jackey
This discussion is becoming very confusing... (to me at least) @jonas_johnson Simple:Press is a WordPress forum plugin and uses the WordPress user base. Vanilla Forums is a stand-alone Forum system and needs to be tied together with WordPress through "Vanilla Proxyconnect 1.9.9" or "jsConnect Single Sign On". These plugins enable SingleSignOn (SSO) between your forum and other authorized consumers on WordPress. Please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong but "Pagelines Vanilla" does not cover this. (if it does, I will switch to Vanilla immediately)

Simon
Just to confirm, no it does not. The single sign in is handled by a vanilla plugin from their site.

Jackey
Maybe PageLines developers are willing to have a look at the new "jsConnect Single Sign On" plugin and investigate if can be integrated in "Pagelines Vanilla".

Simon
No need. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-vanilla-connect/ Takes like 2 mins to setup, setup the wp plugin 1st, gives you the signin codes to add to the vanilla jsconnect plugin.. just tested it works perfectly.

Jackey
Will give this plugin a go then... (the previous plugin, proxy connect, gave me quite a headache) Thanks Simon!

jonas_johnson
I have use that plugin and it works with the integration of pagelines. One problem it have both logins (wp + vanilla) right now www.ekokardiografi.se/ekoforum

Jackey
Thanks again Simon! It indeed takes about 2 minutes ;)

jonas_johnson
@jackey, did you also get two logins

Jackey
Yes, but vanilla presents to login as the logged in wordpress user as well. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FBk9u.png[/IMG] You need to have the "jsConnect Single Sign On plugin" installed in Vanilla. And the http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-vanilla-connect/ plugin installed in wordpress. Activate the wordpress plugin and transfer all the settings presented in that plugin to the jsConnect settings in Vanilla. That's it. I now stubbled on a different problem :(

jonas_johnson
I's already running (but two logins), thanks. Another problem?