Sign in to follow this  
ilkka

Sub menu items - sizing

ilkka

Hi, I have a problem with the submenu - the size of the submenu items doesn't match the size of the main menu items. Also the submenu is not in a correct place - it is a few pixels too high, covering the main menu. The site is in adress: http://www.sometek.fi My css for the menu is here: .main_nav ul li { color: #31f500; font-size: 16px; font-family: Palatino,Georgia,serif; } /* CSS FOR WHEN HOVERING OVER A MENU ITEM */ .main_nav .main-nav li a:hover, #grandchildnav .current_page_item a, #grandchildnav li a:hover, #grandchildnav .current_page_item ul li a:hover, .sf-menu li:hover, .sf-menu li.sfHover { background-color: #31f500; color: #FFFFFF; } /* CSS FOR CURRENT PAGE MENU ITEM */ .main_nav ul li.current_page_item a { color: #fff; background: #31f500; font-weight: bold; }

Danny
Hi, Try adding this to your custom code: [code].sf-menu li:hover ul,.sf-menu li.sfHover ul{top: 37px !important;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

ilkka
Thanks, that fixed the placement issue. The width of the submenu is still unaffected. My goal is that the submenu would be exactly the same width as the corresponding main menu item (eg. "oppilaitoksille" width matches "Campus 2.0" and "Class 2.0" menu item width".

Rob
I do not believe it's possible to make the submenu fit each parent as the submenu is set up without a variable width. I'm informed that the width is usually set by the widest parent, but then applied to all subnav items no matter the other parents. If you experiment and make each parent the same number of characters you'll see what I mean.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur