Sign in to follow this  
l3esmith

Features in Content Area Not Rotating

l3esmith

Okay, so I checked plenty of other posts, I know I'm not the only one with this issue, and apparently not the only one who can't seem to find a fix for it. Feature Slider won't transition in content area. I don't think it transitions in the full-width format either. Worked fine in Platform, not so much in 2.0.1. Won't belabor the description because so many others have already said it. I just want to know if a fix is on the way soon, or if there's a band-aid I can put on it ASAP. Thanks, Lee www.fluidmediagroup.com

l3esmith
Catrina: Just did that and discovered a conflict between "Post Types Order" and the Feature bar. Now, that seemed to have sort of cleared up an issue with the feature going blank for a bit; but it's still not rotating images like I need it to. What else you got? :-)

kastelic
I see this js error which can definitely cause it not to work: Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'cycle' This error can be caused by a plugin, usually calling an extra copy of jQuery, or a manual extra call of jQuery. I have seen this same error being just on one particular host, we moved hosts and it worked fine. YOu don't happen to be on 1and1 do you?

toddherrold
This may not help your particular issue, but long story short: don't use quotation marks ("") in your feature page or story titles. It will break the feature slider image rotation and navigation buttons in Pagelines Framework 2.1.1. I discovered this after exhaustive rip and rebuild of one of my websites. It's a pretty silly oversight. So, if a title has to have "quotation marks," forget what's grammatically correct and use apostrophes instead, i.e., the single mark not the double. This ( ' ) and not this ( " ).

Simon
@toddherrold Thanks for the bug report, this is fixed in the next build. If you want to patch the file manually, open features/sections.php Line 118: [code]$replace_value = esc_js( $feature_name );[/code] Line 127: [code]$link_title = sprintf('jQuery(this).attr("title", "%s");', esc_js( $feature_name ) );[/code]