Sign in to follow this  
bestrag

Could we automatically generate shortcode for new section?

bestrag

Hey folks, I just made my own section and I love pagelines APIs, really. So I just wanted to ask one thing. Now that I have my own section that provides certain content, I need to insert that content to the accordion UI. So unless my section integrates accordion on its own, I am not able to wrap my own section within that UI? So my strait question is, how to insert my section inline? And, I wanted to see how do you guys feel about having API that would be able to generate short code for each instance of section?

bestrag.net

professional dms plugins 

Rob
On the topic of sections, I'd suggest you read http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Use_the_Base_Theme I'm unclear about your last question compared to the one in the heading of this topic. Could you elaborate? Are you trying to add shortcode or sell us some means of generating shortcode? To answer the heading question, we recommend Shortcode Exec PHP http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/shortcode-exec-php/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bestrag
Thank you rangelone for your time, I am sorry I was unclear. I will also post this into ideas section. I will try to be precise this time. I was not trying to sell means for generating shortcode, I wanted to hear do you guys think if it would be good idea to have method of PageLinesSection class that would automatically generate shortcode for each instance. The problem I found is after I created my own section. So, I wanted to insert section content into accordion UI component. And that is what I was not able to do. Here is an example: [code][wptabs type="accordion"] [wptabtitle]Pleace to display pagelines section[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent] [MY-PAGELINES-SECTION-SHORTCODE] [/wptabcontent] [/wptabs][/code] Would it not be great if we could use such a great pagelines sections where ever we want?

bestrag.net

professional dms plugins 

catrina
That sounds like a good idea to me, but I'll wait for someone else with more insight to make it clear whether or not this would be possible.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse