Sign in to follow this  
jbstansell

Sidebars MIA! Whac-a-mole!

jbstansell

First and foremost, I'm loving Framework. It gives a lot and doesn't ask a lot in return. BUT, it does seem like I'm playing whac-a-mole -- every time I try to get just a little more out of it, I break something. And that leads me to my current problem. I tried to add a "universal header" that would show only on pages using what I named the "basic template." But, when I added that to the basic template section, ALL my sidebars disappeared from by blog page, which is using the "Default Template." I have gone in the template settings and made sure that my primary, secondary, and tertiary sidebars are selected for the Default Template. I have also gone in and removed Widget Logic plugin (which I experimented with) and also removed and replaced all the sidebar widgets. Still, no luck. My sidebars are MIA. Help?!!??!

jbstansell
I haven't figured out the cause, but I have figured out the cure. When I went into my blog and updated a post (as opposed to updating the entire blog page), the sidebars returned. One mole beaten down.

Andrew
Ya, haven't seen that one, probably something simple but we'd need to see a live site or at least a screenshot to give you some insight. Glad you got the cure at least..

jbstansell
I'm still working the issue but I suspect its as much a problem with my cache (I'm using WP Super Cache) as it is anything else.

jbstansell
I removed WP Super Cache. I've replaced it with Hyper Cache (don't ask me to explain my thinking, I just did). So far, things seem to be working a bit better.

Simon
You should not have any cache installed while developing sites, should be the absolute last thing you install.

jbstansell
Pross, thanks for the tip, but my site is a continual work in progress. New pages, new content, etc. I didn't start using cache until I finished the "basic framework."

Jenny
Do you still need assistance with this?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.