Sign in to follow this  
babel08

Problem with feature spacing

babel08

Hi, I am having a problem with spacing between text and where my video is within a feature. I tried using the template layout and changing the margins, but that affects the parallax slider on another page and cuts of the slides. There are three words in headline: Shoot. Edit. Deliver. The word Deliver is going to the next line even though there is plenty of space to have it on the first line. Also the whole text box starts farther down from the top of the feature area than I would like. The last issue is where I put a after the words "response rate" so "Make an Impression" would be down a line and it isn't working. I am not a coder-so I don't know all the ways to move things around --any help would be appreciated. My site is not live -but I will upload it temporarily for some help: www.backpackfilms.com

babel08
Hi. I posted the home page for today to get some help. In the feature box area. I would like the Title Shoot. Edit. Deliver to be on one line and in white (only for this page). I also have the More Footer on with 3 column widget activated and on page setting s too. I have items moved into the widgets (search bar, gig press, newsletter) but they are not showing up. I am not sure why. I So there is all this white space I don't want. The widgets are the only other thing that will go on this page. I would like to tighten up the white spacing between the Hired By image and Boxes. Thanks!

Jenny
Add the following to your Custom CSS. This will make the "Shoot. Edit. Deliver." feature title on one line, only on the home page. [code].home #feature_127 .fcontent .dcol-pad { padding: 40px 0 20px 30px !important; }[/code] This will make the title white (again only that slide on the home page): [code].home #feature_127 .fcontent h2 { color: #ffffff !important; }[/code] This fixes the highlight area padding (removing all top and bottom padding): [code]#highlight .content-pad .highlight-area { padding: 0 !important; } #highlight .content-pad { padding: 0 15px !important; } #highlight .hl-image-bottom { margin: 0 !important; }[/code] Do you have the 3-column widget active on the Default Page?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

babel08
Hello, Thank-you so much! Everything worked perfectly and I understand how to adjust the highlight padding if I need to add more spacing. I would like to decrease the spacing between the highlight image and widgets. I am looking at the code through chrome and I tried Firebug, but not understanding what to look for. Sorry...

babel08
Yes, I have the home page back up temporarily so you can see the spacing. Would like to decrease the spacing between highlight image and the sample widgets. Thank-you...

Danny
Im not sure if this is an issue on my end but your site is just not loading for me. Are you having a hosting issue, or is your site loading for anyone else ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

edcruz
babel08, This is exactly what I am trying to achieve. Can you share your code? The current feature set is too large both height and wdith-wise. I would like to break the "feature" portion into two sections - like you have done. Your assistance is appreciated.

babel08
Hi Danny, My site has been loading fine for me and others. Can you try again please? Thanks so much!

babel08
@edcruz If you mean having the video and text separate, these are options with the Feature settings. I have this feature set on my home page and you can set options within each page. If this isn't what you mean - please give me a little more detail.

Jenny
@babel08 All that empty space is happening because you have the content section active on that page. So it's displaying the content like you've told it to, there's just nothing there. ;) You have few options. You can edit the page itself and check the box(es) to hide content area sections (postloop, for example). Or you can hide it with custom CSS, with this: [code].home #dynamic-content { display: none; }[/code] You'll most likely need to go back and add some bottom padding to your highlight now.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

edcruz
@babel08 - Yes, this is exactly what I mean, thanks! I will look into the settings as you mentioned. Great help with all the discussions!