Sign in to follow this  
bizint

Completely remove "pagelines leaf"...not just hide...

bizint

Hi...my SEO firm are asking me to remove any hidden images and text from the site as this can have a negative impact on google search. The standard answer: #cred {display:none;} only hides the image rather than completely removes it and this can give a bad impression to google so I'm told. Can anyone tell me how to get rid altogether? Many thanks.

Simon
The developer version does not have the leaf or link, its completely removed.

bizint
mmm...which one did I buy? Is that the most recent release?!

catrina
To determine which one you bought, you may log into your Launchpad account and check. Did you get the most recent release?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bizint
Platform Pro 1.5.3 Platform Base 1.4.1 .... ?! All up to date?

kastelic
If you have the dev version it will be called PlatformPro Developer Theme Framework in your Launchpad.

bizint
No I've just got platform pro and platform base....does that mean I'm stuffed?!

Jenny
You used to be able to upgrade to developer in your PageLines Launchpad but looks like that's not possible since the release of PageLines Framework. What you'll need to do is to send an email to [email protected] and mention that you want to upgrade from PlatformPro to PlatformPro Developer. They will be able to issue you a coupon code in the amount of your original purchase so you can use it to upgrade to Developer and only pay the difference. Feel free to copy/paste this in your email. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

bizint
I cant see the value of paying to upgrade to a developer license when I just want to remove a leaf. We only have one website and the developer upgrade is hundreds of pounds - plus it wont get rid of further problems... I've installed a related posts plug in...put they keep on showing up twice in the banners area and looks a real mess. (Why would these be set to appear in banners?!) - now I can hide them using css....but it deosn remove them (just like pagelines logo and the leaf)...this is bad for seo apparently because google doesn't like hidden text with links..as they think you're trying to load up you site by stealth... So does anyone know what php to cut out to remove the pagelines leaf altogether....and the same goes for the things that get hooked up to posts and end up appearing in banners!

Simon
Those plugins you refer to blindly add their share links to ALL post types. Banners, features boxes etc are all custom post types. The plugin authors only need to add a simple check to their code to only show their stuff in the post type 'posts' instead of all and any custom post type. It really isn't our fault. As for the leaf you can edit the file footer.php. Nobody is stopping you.