Sign in to follow this  
davemassen

Default Meta Settings

davemassen

Have meta settings gone to per post? I used to be able to set it globally for all posts and now i have to go in and change it for all posts..... i have 600 posts! When readers click on the post to open it up to read the full article the feature slider defaults back to the original platform pro feature slider, is this being changed any time soon? Site is www.rockindustry.co.uk, ive had so many problems with this site and now having paid out AGAIN to get the template due to being ripped off previously I really dont want to have to go through and edit 600 posts individually. ps ive edited the posts on the first page (first 7 posts you'd read) but dont want to have to edit the other 593! Please someone help! Thanks Dave

Simon
Dave, firstly you did not pay 'again', people who read this post are going to be under the impression we charged you twice. Now the defaults were removed in 2.0 by request from users who wanted features/boxes etc on the blog page/category pages etc. So we added it and added far more control on a post/page basis. We are going to add default support back in the 2.1 branch. You could in the mean time add the settings with a SQL query.

Simon
Also, this post was in the wrong section, moved it for you...

Simon
Seeing as its still xmas @davemassen: [code]INSERT INTO wp_postmeta (post_id, meta_key, meta_value) SELECT ID AS post_id, 'feature_source' AS meta_key, 'posts' AS meta_value FROM wp_posts WHERE ID NOT IN (SELECT `post_id` FROM `wp_postmeta` WHERE `meta_key` = 'feature_source') AND post_type = 'post'[/code] [code]INSERT INTO wp_postmeta (post_id, meta_key, meta_value) SELECT ID AS post_id, 'feature_category' AS meta_key, '8' AS meta_value FROM wp_posts WHERE ID NOT IN (SELECT `post_id` FROM `wp_postmeta` WHERE `meta_key` = 'feature_category') AND post_type = 'post'[/code] [code]INSERT INTO wp_postmeta (post_id, meta_key, meta_value) SELECT ID AS post_id, 'feature_count' AS meta_key, '5' AS meta_value FROM wp_posts WHERE ID NOT IN (SELECT `post_id` FROM `wp_postmeta` WHERE `meta_key` = 'feature_count') AND post_type = 'post'[/code]

davemassen
Im really Simon but i feel aggrieved and do feel charged twice, whether or not it was Platform Pro or not that charged me twice, the fact is ive paid twice and dont think that i should have or that the negativity should matter. I know you're trying to limit negativity and i appreciate it from both sides but i also as i said to yourself I am a big fan of the theme and love how easy it is to make simple setups for things, im just after a little more than the basics at times on some stuff on rock industry. Also thank you for moving it, i wasnt aware it needed to be in this section as it was related to Platform Pro so naturally assumed it went in there. As for the code snippets you posted, thats great thank you, however im not advanced enough to understand what you mean by it, sorry. Im sure its relatively straight forward coding for yourself but i have only recently started to try and understand SQL and wordpress stuff and to be honest im not all that familiar and wouldnt know how to implement these changes hence why i initially went through a designer, ive learned a lesson there also... Dave