Sign in to follow this  
dreaboi

No 'Read More' link in Category-fed Features

dreaboi

Hello-- I've created a feature using a category to draw content from. Unfortunately, I can't seem to make the feature clickable (to the actual blog post). There's nothing in the meta settings for the post that I can see. Can someone help? Thanks!

kastelic
Could we see a link to the site please?

dreaboi
it's at carolineglick.net Some background: There are essentially 2 types of posts (Articles & 'Latma'). What I'd like to do is grab the latest 2 of each and put them on the home page as feature sliders 1 and 2. This should seem pretty straight-forward; I can do it with feature elements, but I just can't get them clickable. Alternatively: I'd like to forget about the feature sliders entirely, and have the most recent 2 posts from each category on the home page, with a link under the first 2 articles that says "see more articles" and a link under the second 2 that says "see more Latma." Does that make sense? Also, I've tried to find out how to reduce the width of the slider; now I need to get the sidebar thing happening on the right. Can't seem to make it happen. Any help now would be wonderful! Thanks so much.

dreaboi
Few more things: I'd like to center the branding image, and also center the main nav. Problem is, I've figured out how to do that-- but it removes my social icons and it won't let me get rid of the search field. Also, I'd like to get rid of the Postnav (breadcrumb-type link to previous and next posts). Thanks again!

catrina
For the search field, have you already tried disabling it in your Settings? To get rid of Postnav, go to Template settings and in the Single Post template area, disable the Post Navigatin/Nav section by dragging it to the right.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse