Sign in to follow this  
deputycat

Side Bar Does Not show up on certain PAges

cmunns

You have some missing markup somewhere that's why the footer is also not showing up. On the page that's messed up double check for unclosed tags in the html of your content.

deputycat

would this be in content related to a specific area? I believed it happened when adding code to a widget to try and dsiplay a banner ad. Should I check all widgets?

cmunns

Well then first check that widget code to see if the problem goes away. If it does you can paste the code here and I'll tell you how to fix it.

deputycat

I have already removed that widget. Still has the problem. Could still be affecting it even though the widget is in active? obviosly the problem is pretty serious. At a bad time too. What is the best way to fix this. I have no idea what I am looking at. I am planning to buy the paid version soon because I need more features. Will that fix it? I ran through wc3 and have 93 errors.

bryan-hadaway

That's just what I was going to recommend, validating your code: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fprobusinesscredit.com%2Fsmall-business-credit&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0 It looks like you may have fixed some, but your problem still persists. What you want to check validation for is references to unclosed tags, this is usually the culprit, but of course you should consider fixing all the errors. Thanks, Bryan

deputycat

Is there a service you could recommend that does this? seems like everything I try does not help. Will the upgrade fix this? I am planning to upgrade soon. Just freeing up my schedule so I can do a site makeover. The problem I have is time, marketing is going well and barley keeping up with the new clients as is. http://probusinesscredit.com

Andrew

hmm. doesn't seem like the sidebar file is showing up at all.. Did you set it to full width page by chance? Anything else you might of done that would hide the sidebar?

deputycat

I do not believe I have that option, is that not a pro feature to set to full width? anyway no, no setting changes. All I did did was attempt to add a banner to a widget... something I have done before. I did a cut paste of the html and added to widget for text and html. Then it was gone. I think at that time, but not 100%. BUT...I did create the page in word... then published to blog....then copied the html and pasted to a page. Could that process maybe had something to do with it? both of the missing sidebars are from word designed pages. just thought of this now. I then removed and deactivated the widget entirely and still nothing. I have removed other widgets as well It is affecting two pages. others seem to be fine. Posts are fine. I also re downloaded the latest version. I plan to upgrade to pro(looking forward to new features) soon, hoping that will help This site has been a great for business and want to be sure I don't wreck it. ?? thanks for the extra help btw.

cmunns

The widgets are not the problem it's the code that you have on the page. The markup is breaking because of unclosed tags. Is there anything else that's supposed to be underneath the page content that's not showing up? Try removing the scripts you have in there or at least reference the other pages to see how it should look then work from there.

deputycat

I not quite understanding what you mean... But I guess the problem is the page i created I will just need to rebuild these pages and hope the work the second time around. Is there anything I should be aware of first? I like using my word to post from because I have more options. Is this not the best tool to use for a WP ?

bryan-hadaway

Well there are a number of unforeseen things that can happen. It should be fine for you to paste in content from Word, but are you using the correct method? When editing/adding a page in WordPress, the tabs there similar to Word for styling, become more familiar with that, their is a tab/button there that for pasting from Word, make sure you're using that method. I'm sorry we haven't been able to resolve this for you. For the pages you're having issues with I want you to do something for me, don't delete them, but pull all the content out of them temporarily, you'll need to do this from code/plain text view, copy all the content and cut it out of there and paste it in Notepad or TextEdit for the time being, save the page(s). Now, see if the problem still persists, if it does that means it's not your content if it fixes it, it is. So then go ahead and paste your code here and let me clean it up for you. Thanks, Bryan