Sign in to follow this  
jasonnettles

Virus removal help

jasonnettles

If you Bing one of my client websites, or simply search "lake city community theater," when you click on the link it redirects to a different page every time. If you go directly to lakecitytheater.com, there is no problem. Can anyone help me correct this?

catrina
Have you tried searching for the site on Google and other search engines to see if the same problem occurs?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jasonnettles
I was able to locate the issue through extensive research. Apparently my website was infected with the google dns redirect virus that runs a program in the background and redirects any traffic received through search engines. In case anyone else runs into this problem, start by checking your functions.php file for any code that begins with "eval"...it will be followed by a lengthy combination of letters and numbers. Message me if you have run into this same problem and need some help.

Simon
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-check/ this will detect most theme hacks :)