Sign in to follow this  
leightsp

Anyone know to change the color of a html table cell?

leightsp

I am having real trouble get cell colors to work in Platform pro. I need to be able to change each individual cell color. I have copied code from another Wordpress site into Platform Pron and it does not work with this theme. Any help is appreciated.

leightsp
Hi Catrina, here is the link. http://www.tytalcen.co.uk.server102.ukservers.net/availability-2 The table has 3 columns and 3 rows. As you will see from the html the first row is hidden. I have colored the cell grey and the text is white. The cell color does not seem to work in Platform.

catrina
Try adding this CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS to change the cell background color: [code]td {background-color: #e2f3f5;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

leightsp
Ok That changes all the cells, how about individual cells. I would like to be able to change all the individual cells from the page editor. I don't mind having some pre-defined colors added into the css, but I need it to be fairly simple to change for my customer.

catrina
In order to change cell colors individually you'll need to assign a specific class to each cell in the table. For example: Cell code would look like this... [code]cell 1 content cell 2 content cell 3 content[/code] CSS would look like this... [code]td.cell1 {background-color: #ONECOLOR;} td.cell2 {background-color: #ANOTHERCOLOR;} td.cell3 {background-color: #ADIFFERENTCOLOR;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

leightsp
Sorry one more question. How can I change the width of the table? If you go back to the link you will see I have two tables. The top table I would like to change the width. [b]Code:[/b]
Dates Shaded Green = Low Season (Short breaks Available Anytime - minimum stay of 2 nights)
Orange = Mid Season (We will consider short breaks - minimum stay of 3 nights)
Pink = High Season (No short breaks available)
[b]CSS:[/b] table#key {text-align: left;background-color:#FFFFFF;} table#key td {font-size: 11px;text-align: left;padding-left: 10px;} td.high {font-weight:bold; border-top: solid #e7e7e7 1px; border-bottom: solid #e7e7e7 1px; background-color: #ffd7d3;} td.mid {font-weight:bold; border-top: solid #e7e7e7 1px; border-bottom: solid #e7e7e7 1px; background-color: #ffe3b2;} td.low {font-weight:bold; border-top: solid #e7e7e7 1px; border-bottom: solid #e7e7e7 1px; background-color: #defddb;} Thank you.