Sign in to follow this  
joe_steer

Custom Category pages in 2.0

joe_steer

Hi Guys, Apologies if there's an easy way to do this that i've missed..I'd really appreciate any help you can give me. I'd like to have a custom banner specific to each of my category pages (I gather that as category pages are generated, you of course can't edit them like a normal page) my test site is here: http://www.broadcast2000.co.uk/homeowner Any ideas? Many thanks, Joe.

catrina
One way I can think of is with CSS. You can upload those banners to the Media Library and use CSS to implement them in specific category pages you choose to display them in.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

joe_steer
I don't suppose you could give me some tips to get me started in the right direction? (the right hook to use etc) Any more help very gratefully received! many thanks Joe.

kastelic
I think you are going to have to go a different route, since the banners don't have unique CSS classes to identify them by, otherwise Catrina's suggestion would be the way to go. I would use the Universal Sidebar or FUll-width Sidebar instead. Place a widget for each Banner (you will have to use HTML in a text widget). Then get the plugin Widget Logic. It allows you to hide or show widgets based on Wordpress Conditionals. For example [code]is_category('test')[/code] will show that widget only if in the category named "test". http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

joe_steer
What a great plugin! Looks like that's going to work like a dream, thank you so much. :-) Joe.