Sign in to follow this  
richbosmaccom

Unable to remove widgetized sidebar from posts page

richbosmaccom

Hi, I have a static front page and have set my blog to be on another page, that's all fine however I don't want the widgetized sidebar to appear on my blog page. It is set to appear on all pages but I have de-checked the relevant box to hide it on the blog page , however it refuses to budge. I also notice any posts page is fixed in format, i.e you can't make it full width, this is not a problem but was wondering if the fixed format was linked to my initial query? Hope you can help. Richard.

cmunns

The posts page is handled differently by wordpress than normal page templates and thus is less flexible. Regarding the widgetized sidebar on that page, but... http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=1636 ...for full width via CSS you should be able to hide the sidebar with CSS, do you have "hide sidebars when empty" checked and made sure that the appropriate sidebar for that page has no widgets in it?

richbosmaccom

Hi, thanks for the reply but that's a shame as I need the sidebar for other pages so can't have it empty, as for full width, I don't require full width. I just need to hide the widgetized sidebar for the blog post page, can this be done? If not it's a spanner in the works for the whole website design...! Unless there's another way of getting 3 vertical widgets into one of the other sidebars? Regards Richard.

cmunns

You can use another sidebar and keep it empty or simpler if you just want to hide the sidebar on the blog page just use this CSS in your THEME OPTIONS > CUSTOM CODE > CUSTOM CSS area `.blog #sidebar {display:none;}`

georgebielinskieu

I also have this problem. Is there ANY way to remove the widgetized columns on top of footer from the post page? I need the sidebar, but don't need the widgetized colums there. I really can't have these columns on my post pages - my site is almost complete now, and I have just discovered this problem. GB

cmunns

You have the global option set to remove it? This is under FOOTER OPTIONS in the theme options panel..

richbosmaccom

All the custom code does is remove the "side" sidebar, I want the "side" sidebar, and I want the widgetized bottom bar on my other page, I just don't want it on my blog page. The checkbox to remove it doesn't work.....

richbosmaccom

Hi, I've sussed this out, the custom code CSS to remove the widgetized sidebar from the blog page is - .blog #morefoot {display:none;} Job done.