Sign in to follow this  
n2loping

Blog page image cropping

n2loping

Hello, I've been searching but can't seem to find an answer to my question. It appears that Wordpress used to provide cropping for thumbnails but the feature no longer works in WP 3.0+. Is there anything that I can do in Pagelines to do image cropping? I'd like all images on full length posts to have an image that spans the full length and for the posts have the blog image span the column. I would also like all the post images on the blog page to be the same size. My website is: www.sachorse.com Thanks, - Mark

Simon
You can size images when add the image to the post. That has always been built into wordpress.

n2loping
Hello Simon, Thanks for the response. As you can see on the homepage, in the columns at least, i can control the width of the thumbnail up to the width of the column. However, each thumb maintains it's aspect ratio and really doesn't look that good. I'd like them all to be the same size. It will look a lot better that way. From my internet research, it says that Wordpress used to do that in the Media Settings Menu. But I option clicked and it does not work. Several posts have said the feature no longer works in WP 3.0. So I'm looking for a workaround. Thanks, Mark

catrina
The first thing that comes to my mind is a CSS hack, but when it comes to cropping, I don't think it will work. I found this cropping plugin for WordPress, but you'll have to try it to see if it does what you're specifically looking to accomplish: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vivtiger-image-resizer/

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

n2loping
Catrina, thanks for your response. If I could ask a more general question. When someone has a blog page where the image is on top of the posts (as PageLines allows us to do), what would be your suggestion for making all the images uniform. Also, how would you handle the full-width blog entry. My blog page is my home page: www.sachorse.com

n2loping
I was searching in the PageLines gallery on their website and found this site: http://www.sentidoscomunes.cl/. IT has images above the posts and all images are uniform. Do you think they are using special code in either PageLines or WordPress that provides the perfect size and crop or are they cropping their photos prior to uploading them?

kastelic
I bet they cropped them beforehand, not to that specific size, but to that aspect ratio. You could also experiment with adding your own image sizes: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_image_size