Sign in to follow this  
minasm

Page specific sidebar menus

minasm

Dear all, I am designing a page which has 3 main product categories. Underneath these categories there are some sub-level one. So here I am stuck with the desire to add 3 different sidebar custom menus to this 3 pages. Is there any easy (easy = with out knowing a lot of coding:)) to achieve this? Thanx in advance

catrina
From my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong), you want to add the subcategories of 3 main product categories as sidebar menus in each of its respective main product category pages?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

minasm
Actually yes. Trying Platform to act like a product cms:) An example might be; Product1 has A1 A2 A3 Product2 has B1 B2 B3 Product3 has C1 C2 C3 On the Product1 page, I need to add a menu to left side (in SB1 area) which has 3 links; A1, A2, A3. Thank you catrina for the reply btw:)

catrina
Thanks for the example. For this, it is going to require coding since the universal sidebar contents containing the category menus will have to change in each category page.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

minasm
Oh no:( no plug-ins :( Hope there is something. How hard would it be to code it? Probably I can manage to code it :D I was afraid this would happen. Will need to learn php now

catrina
I'm not a PHP expert myself so I'm not certain how this can be done :. Perhaps someone else on the forum with more experience (or someone who has probably done something like this before) has insight about this.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

minasm
I think I have found something, but not sure where to place and edit the code:) Plus I am not sure if I should create and use a new template for this pages. [code]My Services"); //prints title wp_nav_menu('menu=services-menu'); //what menu } elseif (is_page(array('my-portfolio'))) { print("

My Portfolio

"); wp_nav_menu('menu=portfolio-menu'); } else { print("

More Info

"); wp_nav_menu ('menu=info-menu'); } ?>[/code] This page [url]http://jc-designs.net/blog/2011/06/displaying-menus-on-specific-pages-in-wordpress/[/url] offers a way. Any idea where to place the code?

catrina
You can't add code directly into any of the core theme files (because when you upgrade, the changes you make to the files will be lost). You'll need to install the Pagelines Customize plugin (available in the Store, which you can access via PageLines > Store on your Dashboard).

Designer | Catrina Dulay