Sign in to follow this  
pehja

Swedish language in posts

pehja

Where do i change the language "red full article" and "currently viewing" In wordpress i no where to find it. But where to I find it in "PageLine develop" Do i go in en edit with an external program, ore can I do it within Pageline in wordpress? Thanks for any reply Peter

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

Simon
You need to edit the translation file pagelines.pot with poedit and create a new translation file. Or there are ways to translate strings with a filter for example http://blog.ftwr.co.uk/archives/2010/01/02/mangling-strings-for-fun-and-profit/

pehja
Pageline.pot doesn't open with Poedit but the language files does. Can I open for example de_DE.po and cage that. And if so, what is the difference between that file and de_DE-mo ?

Pehja Production.png

Simon
po is the editable file, mo is the machine code file that wordpress reads. POedit will save the file as a mo

pehja
Thanks pross! So I open the pot file and it will create a mo file that should go in the language map.

Pehja Production.png

Simon
yes, translate your strings then save it as a mo file, name it EXACTLY as you have the lang set in wp-congig.php FR_fr.mo for french for example. Then install the base child theme and put the new mo in /language/ inside the child theme, make sure the child is active and it should work.

pehja
Simon, one other question. I have watched a tutorial about this. He named the file pt_SE.mo but in your theme they are called fr_FR.mo and so on. Should i name my file se_SE.mo and put that file in the language map. Then open the wp-config.php and put in se_SE so it looks like this? define('WPLANG', 'se_SE'); Need to be sure ;-)

Pehja Production.png