Sign in to follow this  
ilkka

Can't install sections / fastcgi not provided

ilkka

Hi, I Can't install any sections - I get "fatal error". As I read in the forum post, "fastcgi needs to be enabled by the service provider", but my service provider doesn't support fastcgi. I tried to copy manualy the section files from my local install to the server in the same dir, but this doesn't help. How to install sections, when provider doesn't support fastcgi? I even bought the borders section, and can't use it!

Simon
FastCGI does not need to be enabled, most hosts these days either use it or suPHP. Who is your host? You have to install the pagelines-section plugin first. Then upload the unzipped section folder to wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/

ilkka
My host is "Pilvihotelli" (http://www.pilvihotelli.fi/fi/). I have installed pagelines-sections plugin. Unzipping the sections folder won't help. Please help!

Simon
1. Download the section you want to install, either from your members area or if its a free one here: http://api.pagelines.com/store_free/ 2. Unzip the section. 3. upload the section folder with FTP client to [b]wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/[/b]

ilkka
Thanks, now the basic sections seem to work fine. However, the Page Borders section (installed via copying the files to sections dir) gives me following errors: Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'temp_top.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/r918/domains/sometek.fi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/page-border/section.php on line 374 Warning: getimagesize(temp_top.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/r918/domains/sometek.fi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/page-border/section.php on line 375 Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'temp_mid.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/r918/domains/sometek.fi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/page-border/section.php on line 388 Warning: getimagesize(temp_mid.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/r918/domains/sometek.fi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/page-border/section.php on line 389 Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'temp_mid.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/r918/domains/sometek.fi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/page-border/section.php on line 402 Warning: getimagesize(temp_mid.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/r918/domains/sometek.fi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/page-border/section.php on line 403

Simon
Page Borders is a 3rd party section, but looking at it quickly it needs to create temporary image files and you do not have permissions in that folder. Try changing permissions on that sections folder.