Sign in to follow this  
rickyfung

Features and Boxes have duplicated itself in the Backend

rickyfung

I'm not sure when this occurred but I have a feeling it might have happened after I updated my wordpress to the latest version. The default images within boxes and features have duplicated itself so now I have 4000+ images that appear in the backend. This doesn't affect my website however I would like to clean it up. Currently I need to select everything that is visible on the page and just apply delete, but theres over 200 pages altogether. Rather than repeating this process 200 times, is there a backend solution so this?

Rob
The problem you're facing is caused by one or more of your plugins, possibly a conflict between two or more or, one that is deprecated after the upgrade of WordPress to 3.3.1. To clear this out, I'm informed you will need a SQL query which unfortunately, I'm unsure how to execute and beyond our support scope. Most likely, you'll need help from your hosting company to do that correctly anyway. After an update of WordPress but before doing the upgrade, it's always best practice to review all your plugins by visiting http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins to make sure that each of your plugins are up to date (compatible with the new version) and that no others have reported it broken. I'd suggest deactivating all your plugins, conducting that review, then getting the host to help you clean up the database.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur