Sign in to follow this  
peters_publishing

Disappointed in the Store

peters_publishing

So far, I've been really disappointed in the Pagelines store. Products like the Borders and Youtube plugin are overpriced and poor quality. The uTestimonials doesn't work the way it should upon download -- you have to go through a delete-redownload-reupload process. I only write this because I really love Pagelines, and I think the store is a great idea, but I think the standards are way too low right now. The viable product is a bit too minimum.

Andrew
Ya the Store is just only 1 month old this week... so give it some time. Remember, this is the first time we've done this and we know it's important. Next month will see a brand new developer center and some real solid resources to help the developers create some really useful stuff. We're committed to it though, so please just have some patience if you don't like what's there yet. :)

Andrew
Also, I really like the sections / themes that we (PageLines) built for the Store and for PageLines... They are working great for us and a lot of people already.. For example the Profiles Section used here: http://www.pagelines.com/about works and looks great. Right now, where I really think we're weak is in communicating the benefits of this stuff. Most of the marketing could be cleaner; however, we've been building other stuff. So we'll be getting to that in a bit.

peters_publishing
Just got the Profiles section, and yeah, it is pretty sweet. Exactly what I was hoping for. Hope I wasn't too much of a jerk in my original comment. Overall, I think this is a great idea and just what the WP community needed.