Sign in to follow this  
musiclikedirt

Any solution to the Buddypress issue yet?

musiclikedirt

Hi Has a solution been found yet to the problems with Buddypress and the new Pagelines Framework? After much consideration our community centre bought pagelines and was very pleased with the way Buddypress worked with it for our community forums. Only one sign in for wordpress and forum and beautiful theme = perfect! Now the forum's are a mess with the sidebar appearing in the centre of the screen. http://themill-coppermill.org/groups/the-mill-book-club-327703715/ We bought the theme precicsly for its advertised buddypress integration and now it seems like we may have wasted our money? Is there a timeline for a solution? The old CSS solution worked a treat, really easy and effective but doesnt seem to have an effect on v2. Help please The Mill Community Centre

musiclikedirt
http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/13141/buddypress-sidebar-alignment-issues/p1 The above solution fixed the sidebar issue in Pageline Pro, but no longer works with Framework. Thank you for answering

catrina
Was it this code?: [code]#buddypress-page #content {padding-right: 15px;} div.one-sidebar-right #buddypress-page #content { float: left; width: 615px; } div.one-sidebar-right #buddypress-page div.scolumn-pad { padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; }[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

musiclikedirt
The code that worked on pagelines pro was similar to that code, yes. Is there a similar fix for Framework in the pipeline? Compatibility with Buddypress was one of the key reasons we purchased the theme.

catrina
I think a new fix will need to be figured out. I attempted to do so by using Firebug but an error related to the Facebook login is preventing me from doing it. Would it be possible for you to disable the "Login with Facebook" feature for the time being?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

musiclikedirt
http://sandbox.themill-coppermill.org/groups-2/ Thank you Catrina. I've created a testsite (something ive meant to do for ages) which doesnt yet have the facebook login so will that allow you to use firebug?

catrina
Thanks for creating the test site. It doesn't have the same sidebar issue, though, so I can't figure out how the sidebar can be fixed. : Any way to disable Facebook login on the forum where the problem exists?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

musiclikedirt
http://sandbox.themill-coppermill.org/activity-2/ Sorry my mistake I hadnt populated the sidebar!! Ive added a few things to the sidebar now and its doing the same as on the main site (ie full width forum and sidebar pushes to below all forum info. Thank you for all your help

kastelic
I believe the buddypress integration is still being worked on but I could give you a CSS band-aid hack for now: [code].directory #dynamic-content > .content { width: 60%; float: left; } .directory #sidebar-wrap { float: right: width: 30%; } .directory #morefoot_area { clear: both; }[/code] Keep in mind this is purely a hack, not a long-term solution, and it doesn't take into account the media queries for responsive design, but hopefully it will get you on your way to a temporary solution.

musiclikedirt
Hi Kastelic Thank you for the hack. Am I right in assuming this would go in the custom code section of the Pagelines settings page? If so I've put it in there and unfortunately it doesnt seem to have any effect?

Rob
Yes it goes into Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Custom Code > CSS Rules. While others may disagree with me, that's your easiest place to add it because as soon as the Buddypress integration is done then you'll want to remove it. As Kastelic said, that's a hack, so by definition, temporary. As I understand it, the Buddypress integration is on the calendar, which is always a good sign.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

musiclikedirt
I wish they'd share their calendar as having paid out a significant chunk of money from our local communities funds for a Buddypress friendly theme its a bit of a blow to be suddenly told its now recomended to switch to different and not free forum instead (Vanilla). Unfortunately the CSS hack from Kastelic doesnt work since the move to Framework from Pageline Pro. Tried it in CSS rules. Thank you for all the help thoug!

Rob
The calendar is variable because it depends on how each thing goes. PlatformPro worked fine with BuddyPress for quite some time but outside our control, they changed their code, as happens with many plugins and there was suddenly a conflict. While we apologize thoroughly for this, we are working on a solution for PageLines Framework as fast as we can. We deeply appreciate your patience and understanding.

Rob
Continually rejecting this topic will not make our development team work any faster. I am therefore accepting an answer and if necessary closing this topic. As soon as Buddypress is available for PageLines Framework, an announcement will be made.

musiclikedirt
Sorry Ive not used forum before and wasn't sure what to do when it continually asks you to accept or reject. Always clicked thanks, and didnt want to click accept as didnt have answer to initial question. Also Catrina had been very kindly helping with a CSS hack. No problem though in future will ignore accept/reject option and just wait for admin to decide if topic is answered. Look forward to solution either hack or previously advertised integration. Thanks for your help.