Sign in to follow this  
craigd

Custom Question

craigd

Hi, I'm running a feature Page Default at the site's landing page. Is there a way to run a carousel above the features? Thanks in advance, Craig

cmunns

You can try including the PHP code to include the carousel on the page-feature-stdpage.php ` <?php require(PRO.'/template_carousel.php');?> `

craigd

Thanks, Putting it in page-feature-stdpage.php did nothing. Putting the code in page-feature.php made a result of images running stright down the page with no carousel. Any other ideas? Thanks as always, Craig

Andrew

you will also need to include the initial door the carousel, look for it in your header and add a conditional for the page template you're referring to...

craigd

Thanks :) Can you show me what the code looks like? I'm feeling like you think I can write php but I can't. Thanks

cmunns

In the header you'll have to add a conditional that changes this line ` <?php if((is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) && VPRO) require (CORE_INITS.'/init_carousel.php');?> ` to this ` <?php if((is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-stdpage.php')) && VPRO) require (CORE_INITS.'/init_carousel.php');?> `

craigd

Thank you :) That did not work. in my page-feature.php Here's the code

<?php
	if(VPRO) {
	/*
		Template Name: Feature Page - Page Content
	*/
		get_header();
	                require(PRO.'/template_carousel.php');
	                require(PRO.'/template_feature.php');
			require(LIB.'/template_page.php');
		get_footer();

}
	?>

Then I made the change to the header and the site went blank. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance, Craig

cmunns

Yes, the site went blank because you're missing a tag somewhere. Can you copy here the code ...i don't need the whole header, just the area where we were editing .

craigd

Thanks for the responding and support. I replaced the following code in the header.php

<?php if((is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) && VPRO) require (PRO.'/init_carousel.php');?>
With this as you posted above.
<?php if((is_page_template('page-carousel.php')
	|| is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php') ||
	is_page_template('page-feature-stdpage.php')) && VPRO)
	require (CORE_INITS.'/init_carousel.php');?>

Andrew

Hey Craig, Is it working?

craigd

I did the above and the site went blank so no. Thanks for the support.

craigd

I've got the blank site to show now but I still have one single row of images running down the page. They should be sitting within the carousel. Is it because I'm using page-feature.php ? I don't think so but at this point I'm just guessing. What am I missing? Thanks in advance, Craig

Andrew

Ok, so top-level this is how it needs to work: 1. We need to include the JS/CSS for the carousel in the header, for the specific page template you're using. 2. We need to include the HTML/Images for the carousel on that page template as well. It appears you have 2 working. The blank page is usually a syntax error or incorrect path.. So try this: `<?php if((is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) && VPRO) require (PRO.'/init_carousel.php');?>` haha I don't know why Adam added stdpage, if you're not using it :/

craigd

That worked perfect. Thank you for sticking with me on this! Craig

bryan-hadaway

So, is this issue still persisting then? Thanks, Bryan

craigd

All is well thanks to the awesome support here.

bryan-hadaway

Wonderful to hear. Thanks, Bryan