Sign in to follow this  
thanp73

edit pullquote section contents

thanp73

where can I change the quotes used in pullquote section

Danny
Hi Thanp73, I think this post may be what you're looking for! http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/3532/custom-pull-quotes/p1

Please search our forums, before posting!

thanp73
thx.. I think. sure seems like it's difficult to edit. will give it a try

thanp73
maybe I am confused, bu I thought there was no base theme for the new pagelines? that link you posted says to edit code in base...

kastelic
It is recommended to use the Customize Plugin on the new Framework, here's the doc: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Use_the_PageLines_Customize_Plugin It provides a functions.php and style.css just like a child theme.

thanp73
I'm sorry but the folks at Pagelines are SO far out of touch with 'regular' people who try and put up their own websites it is absurd- same as with thesis people. this should be a 30 second fix and instead it's a 5 hour hunt and frustration fest looking for stuff that simply is not there- pullquote is a prime example- there is nothing logical about this and no place to edit the info. one document says use child theme, another says use custom, neither says how to edit pull quote. I'm directed to a thread from 1.5 years ago from the developer - come on! it's is not relevant at all anymore! this is absurd guys- the simplest things are damn near impossible with this theme!!!!! there is no simple way to change the font size for example! come on- simple things! yeah, it has kick ass functionality, but no matter what you do unless you are a code wizard, it always looks white on white with the same tiny font size!! I'm $250 into a theme upgrade and over $1000 into a CSS guy to wade thru this crap and it still loooks like a stock theme! even a $50/ hr guy can;t find out how to make simple stuff work Argh!

Simon
Were guessing at what product you have installed, you have PlatformPro and Framework 2.x in your products, you have posted in 'general' category and have not provided a link to your site or told us. So, if you are using 2.0, you simply clone the template, the on the page meta edit the new cloned pull quote, if your using Platform you will have to edit the actual pullquote file.

thanp73
pagelines pro 1.5 used to have a rotating quote that showed a random quote at bottom of post- I want to use that but display quotes of my own source. now using pagelines 2.11 thx for assistance

Rob
In 2.x, PageLines Framework adds the ability to pull A quote using meta settings on a post or page. The Pullquotes Section is a demo for developers not a random quote script or plugin. If you're trying to "display quotes of [your] own source" then you need a quote display plugin. I'd suggest you check http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins As for the reason you're finding this topic difficult, we apologize and strongly urge you to read http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12193/please-read-before-posting which should guide you how to post in this forum. Selecting "General" does not help us provide proper assistance for your product and a link is critically important for us to see what problem you're having. Hopefully, future topics will be much easier for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur