Sign in to follow this  
chorizo

Layout on default page

chorizo

Hi, I'd like to create a layout similar to this site: http://colorlines.com/ But don't see how to drag and drop to create this look. Is it possible to have a layout with the sidebars on either side of the main content column, that has a large box spanning the left sidebar and the content column? The content in that large box would then flow into the middle column. Thanks.

Rob
What's the link to your site and which product are you using? PlatformPro, PageLines Framework or something other? Which version of WP do you have?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chorizo
I am using Pagelines framework and my site isn't public. I'm trying to create it. But what I'm doing is very basic, right now I'm looking at at the templates. I'm using WP version 3.3.1.

kastelic
This type of layout isn't possible by default exactly, but I think you could emulate it. What you could do, is where they have the top featured post image and the 3 links to the right, make that a full width sidebar. Below that have your 3 column layout . In the full width Sidebar have 2 widgets, one displaying your featured post image, and one that is the width of your right column. You will have to use CSS to adjust the length of your two widgets and you will get something very similar to your example.

chorizo
How do you make widgets in a full width sidebar (using the universal sidebar?) be side by side, rather than stacked on top of each other? When you say I would have to use CSS to adjust the length of the two widgets, do you mean the width of the two widgets? Would the CSS be inserted right into the text widget?

catrina
The sidebar needs to be a full-width sidebar instead of a universal sidebar. As for the length of the two widgets, I think Jimmy meant the height but if you want to change the width, that's possible, too. The CSS cannot be inserted into the text widget, however. It needs to be inserted into Custom Code > Custom CSS (in the PageLines Settings).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

chorizo
Hi Catrina, His description included widgets next to each other, not on top of each other. How do you make widgets side by side in a full-width sidebar?

chorizo
Are you able to offer css code for making widgets side by side in the full-width sidebar?