Sign in to follow this  
couturemotion

Custom CSS Menu but Submenu is off

couturemotion

www.couturemotion.com/blog I wanted to move my menu to justify right... it worked nicely. But then I decided I wanted the space between the menu and the search to be less so I added a left:70px to the css. Problem is that the sub-menus didn't move left:70px. I've searched the forums and tried to use firebug to figure out what css I should alter to get the submenus to work properly but I'm have a devil of a time. This is the custom css that I am using on the Menu: ul.sf-menu li {float:right; left:70px} If you go to the site you will see the issue with the dropdown submenu being way too far to the right but the shadow being where it is supposed to be.

Rob
Do you have Firebug for Firefox? http://www.getfirebug.com Your code is incorrect. First, it's trying to float right, then, you have it moving left but forgot to add a ; at the end after the 70, I think you need two separate snippets for this but I'm checking. Meanwhile, add the proper end tag and see if that works.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

couturemotion
Added the ; No dice. I got the above float code from reading forums. I do have firebug, but after trying a few elements that I thought might do it, it still didn't work so I thought I'd solicit expert advice.

Rob
Okay. Well, I will keep an eye on this and try to get someone on our team with better CSS skills than mine to help.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kastelic
Hey I keep trying to check your site but it keeps crashing my browser. Have you activated any plugins recently that might do this?

couturemotion
I think something is wrong with my server. I contacted the bluehost earlier today and they said they were working on it.

Danny
Hi, Try adding this to your custom code: [code]#primary-nav ul.main-nav {width: 810px !important;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!