Sign in to follow this  
style

How do I include Social Icons on Brand Nav?

style

Hi, I'm working on a site where I would like the Social Icons to be listed in the Brand Nav. Where would I go about setting this up? What do I need to modify to include them?

Rob

By default, the most common will appear when you input the link to that social media site in your settings: see this for more info. However, if you would need customized icons, you'll to add a hook inside functions.php if you have the PageLines Customize plugin.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

style

The social icons are fine in the branding section but do not appear in the branded nav section. How would I go about using the built-in icons in the branded nav section? It doesn't make sense to put a branded section and then a branded nav on the same page.

kastelic

You will want to enable the Branding and Navigation sections and disable the Brandnav in the Header.

sibilar

Hello, Brandnav is the way my layout works best, and I would like to use the Framework's social icons instead of having to install a widget. Is there no way to add the social icons when I'm using Brandnav instead?

Danny

Hi, This is possible but will require custom code, I'll give this a try for you and see if I can get it working. One quick question, do you want the social icons above or below the navigation ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

michael_b

I would love to see some tips on including the social icons within brand nav as well. I think below the navigation makes the most sense...but others may differ in their opinion.

catrina

The best way is with a hook. Are you using PlatformPro + PlatformBase or PageLines Framework?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

michael_b

I'm using the PageLines Framework.

Danny

Hi Michael, If you're unsure how to do this, I recommend you contact one of the PageLines Pros, they will be happy to assist you. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

artfulintel

Catrina, Would you be able to expand on using a hook to put the social media icons in the brand nav? Also, is there an easy way to include them in the footer as well? Thanks, Shawn

Danny

Hi Shawn, Have a look a this post here - http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/19812/adding-social-icons-and-search-field-in-brandnav-section-using-hooks/p1 The user has created a blog post, giving instructions on how to add social icons to the BrandNav section.