Sign in to follow this  
michelecannone

Exclude some text from excerpt

michelecannone

Hi all! Please is there a way to exclude some part of a post from the homepage excertp? Many tnx! Mick

Rob
Michele! How are you? There are plugins that will shorten the excerpt length, and PageLines Framework has a built in method of doing that. Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Blog and Posts and scroll down to "Excerpt Length" where you should see "55" in the edit field. Change that to a lower number, but it works only when you don't use the Excerpt field in each post. Inside each post, there is a field, often hidden, to place your own excerpt. I use that on most of my posts. If you don't see it under the text editing field, go to the top right of the screen and look for "Screen Options" - a grey box with a down arrow. Click it and a panel will drop. Check the box for Excerpts and then click Screen Options again. Each post from now on will show the excerpt editing box. As a best practice, I use the first one or two sentences of my posts or write something unique to entice readers to go to the full post.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

michelecannone
GRAZIE AMICO MIO! W ITALIA ;)