Sign in to follow this  
zouleo

Put Features on front page only (above the list of posts)

cybersphere
I will assume you already have a feature slider working on your front page. So to remove from your other pages, choose a different 'template' for other pages. To do this, PAGELINES > PAGES > ALL PAGES?... choose a page and EDIT... On right-hand-side, there is a section called Page Attributes, inside that is Template option. You might have 'Feature Page' Template selected here. Once you have selected another template, you can modify the layout for that page from: PAGELINES > TEMPLATES. Paul

zouleo
Thank you. I now have the feature section in the header. I have a lot of pages. So you're saying I have to edit each page? Also, does your solution work on search results/archive/author pages? I don't want the feature section to be visible at any page. Thank you

Danny
Hi Zouleo, OK, Paul suggestion is spot on. However, you could try this. The first thing you need to do is remove the Feature Section from the Header Template. Having the Feature section in the Header Template, will make it appear on all pages/posts. Then login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Template, select the template called Blog and drag and drop the Feature Section from right to left, so it becomes active. Now, go to PageLines > Special Pages, select Blog and configure your Feature Section settings. Once you're happy with your settings, go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Reading and select the radio button next to "A static page (select below)" and in the "Posts page" drop down select the page you wish to be your homepage, leave the "Front page" drop down empty. Save your settings and view your hompage. The feature slider should be on your hompage, in the position you choose in the Template setup and not on any other pages.

Please search our forums, before posting!