Sign in to follow this  
thk0418

Secondary Navigation background row color

thk0418
http://www.tasteofkitchen.com The row background color - i'm bit lost with this one
	#secondnav {
	    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #13458C;
	    font-size: 75%;
	    line-height: 1.1;
	}

#secondnav li a {
	    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #13458C;
	    border: medium none;
	    color: #FFFFFF;
	    display: block;
	    padding: 6px;
	}

catrina
Try replacing this line: [code]background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #13458C;[/code] with this line: [code]background-color #13458C;[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina
I gave you CSS for the wrong menu. Sorry! Try this: [code]section#secondnav {background-color #13458C;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina
Try this, please: [code]section#secondnav div.content-pad {background-color #13458C;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

thk0418
sorrry :( it doesnt want to change!

catrina
Strange. Try: [code]section.top-secondnav div.content-pad {background-color #13458C;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

thk0418
tried with chorme Firefox9 IE9 cleared cache and cookies as well

Rob
If you have no luck with Catrina's multiple efforts to fix this, please reply with an explanation of what happened. Thanks. Monosyllabic rejections don't help us achieve results for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Unfortunately this isn't telling us much. Again, as I have suggested and you've been urged by others, you really need to get a professional web designer or developer helping with this. We're here to assist with problems and unfortunately not to customize sites. Please write to hello@pagelines.com with a complete list of specifications you want and someone will get back to you with a quote as soon as possible. Thanks.

Rob
On a side note, it's very likely that the reasons you are not getting success with these is that you have conflicting CSS in your custom code. Also, if you have a cache plugin activated and don't clear that, nothing will show up. This is why you need to bring in a pro to help - to ensure you don't have conflicts and that your code is clean.

thk0418
lol I did clear cache every time catrina gave me the code my servers are beside me, i clear cache and restart the servers my code worked for platformPro but not for Framework 2.0 had trouble figuring out why don't you help - not by saying go get a pro great customer service

Rob
We are helping and the best help we can give you is to recommend a pro. The problem you're experiencing is, as I've said (to be helpful) that you likely have conflicting CSS which we cannot diagnose from here. This is like being in London and calling a medical doctor in Los Angeles to diagnose a cough. The LA doctor can hear the cough but unable to take your temperature, look down the throat and check vitals, he can only make a best guess. You really need to have a doctor inspect the patient personally. The doctor is, in this case, a pro. We have not abandoned you and have been trying to assist, repeatedly. Some of the selectors in PlatformPro CSS have changed for PageLines Framework and as a result it's not surprising that you may find conflicts. Additionally, and please consider this is not a PageLines issue - WordPress recently came out with two updates which can cause conflicts with plugins. So without being able to inspect the site on the admin level, which we cannot do from here, the best way to resolve your problem is to get a pro and let him or her do the job properly. We don't believe, and hope you don't either, that second guessing is the way to resolve your problems. Our goal is always to help our clients and I promise you, we're really trying. A pro is your best possible option. Both Catrina and I tested the last CSS snippet she gave you on your site using Firebug and it worked. Obviously, this indicates there's some other conflict within the CSS or from some other source preventing the site from accepting the snippet. There could be a missing closing bracket a " [b];[/b] " or some other piece of CSS that is causing a conflict or, there could be a plugin that is deprecated. A professional web developer would be able to inspect it, test it, verify compatibility, check and validate code and ensure that everything is working. That goes well beyond the scope of what any forum moderator can do. I apologize if this isn't the solution you need but the suggestion of a pro is the best one we can make.

thk0418
did i blame PL? i love PL this domain that i'm using has nothing on it clean domain 3-4 plugins i use it for editing - so cant be just conflicts I've been computer business for more then 15 years if you have time to write that much take a look at it at least once!

Rob
My friend we have looked at the site no less than 20 times today. Five people have looked at it. We've gone over the CSS elements and given you every possible option we can think of. I understand your frustration and know you're not blaming us, and I'm happy you love PL. Thank you for your kind words. I've dealt with computers now since 1979 and know, it only takes one plugin to mess things up. We could not have tested the code provided if we did not look at the site multiple times in Firebug. Do you have Firebug? Are you using it to inspect the CSS elements? We've tried everything and we've found mistakes made in the coding which we've pointed out to you to help correct matters. I assure you, we're doing our best and that we're not only looking, we're looking as deep as we can go. Unfortunately, we cannot go into your site as administrators to check everything. For that you need a professional web developer. We provide that service as a supplemental to forum support for exactly such instances where the problems cannot be resolved here.

revoltoid
guys, is it not the missing ':' from catrina's codes that is causing things not happen? been left out from the posts and maybe thk0418 didn't notice and tried to just paste the code?

Jenny
Hi @thk0418 I see that the background color of the menu items is a reddish color. Is this your desired outcome or do you still need help with this?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.