Sign in to follow this  
ryanjohnjackson

Feature Slider not "sliding" possibly caused by w3 total cache?

ryanjohnjackson

Hey all, OK so a few days ago I made the mistake of turning everything on in W3 total cache and it seemed to hose my jquery menu. I did my best to undo it and then deactivate it until my menu worked again. BUT today I tried to create a feature slider and it seems like it should work yet doesn't. All its images are the same size. There are only 5 images and set to rotate/slide at 3000ms with 1500 fade. I am able to reorder the front one so I know that part works but it sits static. It then came to me that the demo feature slider had stopped sliding the day before. I believe this may have to do with my W3 total cache nightmare. How can I undo the damage without re-installing? WAY too much work to re-install. I believe Pross said in another discussion that w3 was trying to minify a minified file? could that be it? Thanks as always

ryanjohnjackson
Also, before anyone answers is there a "best practice" for pagelines when it comes to caching or a recommended plugin for caching?

Simon
Just turn off javascript minification, it makes little to no difference, apart from breaking 90% of javascript.

ryanjohnjackson
The thing is I've had W3 cache deactivated for days now and the feature slider still doesn't work. After W3 is off can it still effect javascript?

kastelic
Have you tried deactivating all other plugins? And what do you get if you validate your site? If you are in Chrome hit f12 and click the Show Console button, then refresh the page. Are you getting any js errors?