Sign in to follow this  
wendygordon

Shortcode for MaxButtons in Feature

wendygordon

Hey there. I am using Max Buttons and the shortcodes work fine in boxes, even widgets. but the shortcode is not rendered in Features. Any thoughts? Using WP 3.31 and most recent version of Frameworks

Rob
Wendy, may we have a link to your site? I suspect that may simply be the result of the nature of the slider. It's a custom post type and may not permit shortcodes. I'm unsure of that, so don't quote me.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

wendygordon
In fact, I can use maxbuttons short code in the Boxes, which is also a custom post type but not in features. And strangely I cant use the basic WP gallery short code in the Boxes, but Boxes accepted the maxbutton shortcode. Any ideas on a fix?

Simon
Hi Wendy.. By default shortcodes will not work in the actual feature text BUT they do work if you use the media box, this is not stripped, you can add html what ever you like in there.

wendygordon
Pross - thanks so much for the tip. I will give it a try. Do you have any insight about shortcode in Boxes, why some work and some dont? and any possible fix?

catrina
Hm, I'm not sure why some shortcodes within Boxes would work and others wouldn't. Naturally, I thought shortcodes would work in Boxes since it works in Posts and Boxes are generated using the same post editor.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse