Sign in to follow this  
chorizo

Making header a square on the left?

chorizo

Hi, I'd like to use a square logo on the left of my header, and then use the rest of the header for content in a sidebar or box. Is this possible?

Rob
I'm not quite sure what you mean by [quote]and then use the rest of the header for content in a sidebar or box. Is this possible[/quote]. Could you explain further? The use of a square logo is simply one of graphics, not of coding. If you make a square logo versus a rectangular one, WordPress will upload it and PageLines will display it in square form. May we have a link to your site? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chorizo
Hi, when you upload an image as a header, it's placed into a horizontal space that spans the entire blog--whether the logo itself is long and horizontal that fits the space entirely, or is a square that only takes up one inch square of space on the left. My question is about whether or not I can upload a one inch square as a header, that fills up the left side of that space, and then move the sidebar columns up to fill in the white space created to the right of that logo. I don't have a public URL to share with you, as I'm just now developing the site.

kastelic
You could try using the Universal Sidebar in place of the Branding section. Then you could add a text widget to it and put in your own header image and content.

chorizo
Thanks Kastelic. In a Universal Sidebar, how do you add an image widget and a text widget that show up side by side versus in a vertical column?

Rob
Chorizo, you're entering your logo in the wrong place in the settings. You're adding it as a background, rather than as the branding image. Believe me, I have more than 20 WordPress installations, using each of our products and several others and none of them have a problem with stretching the branding logo. Can you take a snapshot of where you are uploading the branding logo from your settings and post it to imgur.com and show us with a link? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chorizo
Rangelone, I'm not talking about stretching the logo. I'm talking about having a square logo on the left side at the top, and then having sidebars to the right of it. I think Kastelic got to the issue the best, thanks.