Sign in to follow this  
vinnievivaceconz

Station Pro. upgrade from v2 to v3

vinnievivaceconz

Im having hassles with this. Have tried serveral approaches, including removing all previous themes (reverting to the default) and then uploading StationPro.zip (version 3) via the wordpress admin. When I preview (or activate) i get a blank white page. Checking the php error log show no entry. I have previously successfully run Station Pro version 2. My setup is a WAMP install on Windows XP. please advise

bryan-hadaway

Windows is never the best for hosting websites, but I don't suspect that is the issue here. Are you running PHP5? Do you have the newest version of WordPress installed as well? I would assume you've tried uploading the unzipped StationPro folder to your WordPress themes folder and tried it that way, after backing everything up of course, have you deleted the old StationPro folder completely out of the themes folder just to be sure there aren't any extra files, or that it doesn't get overwritten improperly? Can you please provide a link to your website, this might help and it's good to know in the future as well. Are you hosting the website yourself or do you mean that's the setup for your current host? Thanks, Bryan

vinnievivaceconz

Have self hosted the site (and many others) on Windows for over 2 years, using a variety of themes, so your quite right, thats not the issue! PHP is version 5.2.6 (via WAMP server). Wordpress is version 2.9.2 Yes, my server makes nightly backups. My first approach was to rename the existing station pro theme folder to stationProOld, and then upload the version 3 zip via the add theme tool in wpadmin. That did not work, so i removed (i.e. deleted the theme folders) all themes and reverted my blog to the default wordpress theme, then tried both approaches (i.e. using the add theme tool, and then manually unzipping the folder into themes folder on server). I dont believe this is an installation issue, as the theme shows in the available theme page in wpadmin (and its hardly a complicated procedure). I think its an issue with the theme itself. the blog in question is www.blog.vivace.co.nz (currently reverted to stationPro2) thanks.

bryan-hadaway

I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, so I'll forward this along to a developer for special help. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

So we definitely have an environmental issue here. Could you post your php.ini settings? We try and accommodate as many environments as possible when we code but sometimes something slips through. For example if we use '<?' instead of '<?php' most people won't get an error, but some with a certain php setting might...

Andrew

Ok, after all that I didn't see anything that would cause an issue. (there was a lot there though!) Have you looked at your folder and file permissions in the theme? What about your .htaccess file? (some plugins can write rules here and mess things up)

vinnievivaceconz

yeah a whole heap of comments in there! What specifically should i be looking for in terms of permissions etc that would be different for StationPro 3 than version 2 (which is running fine in the current setup, as are ALL other themes i have tried)?

Andrew

right... are you able to load the admin with SP3 running?

Andrew

A folder permissions issue would only affect the one theme if somehow permissions were off on its folders. You can check this by right clicking in your FTP client and getting the info.... it should say what permissions are...

vinnievivaceconz

all permissions are fine, and no i cannot load admin once SP3 it activated.

vinnievivaceconz

Hey man. Any progress on this issue?

bryan-hadaway

This is an extremely specific issue, please bump again for help from one of the developers. Thanks, Bryan

vinnievivaceconz

ahh, and some more info. Just upgraded to Wordpress 3 and tried the preview again, this time an error message - yay. Fatal error: Cannot redeclare twitter_messages() (previously declared in C:wampwwwblogwp-contentpluginstwitter-for-wordpresstwitter.php:49) in C:wampwwwblogwp-contentthemesStationPro3corepluginstwitter.php on line 110 ive previewed 5 other themes and not got this error message, so confident its in your theme.

bryan-hadaway

Okay, I'm forwarding this to the developers so they can address this in the morning. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

Hey Vinnie, Do you have a twitter plugin installed? I see what's causing the conflict, but can't figure out why that plugin would be called twice (if you aren't running a plugin)

Andrew

Oh, I think one is duplicating the Twitter functionality that's already integrated into the theme (don't know why this would work w/ SP2) The one from JinJabs is integrated into the framework... (prints twitter messages.)

vinnievivaceconz

disabling the existing plugin resolves the issue, thanks.

bryan-hadaway

Phew, glad to hear that finally got cleared up for you. Thanks, Bryan