Sign in to follow this  
Gavin_

boxes section 2

Gavin_

Hi I am updating an old site that was built using platform pro to pagelines and in the page meta data i have an option for "boxes section (2)" and ideas how i remove this? thanks

cybersphere
Sounds like it was 'cloned'. I'm sorry I can not remember 100% but if you are willing to have a play... I think something like this is what I did to get rid of the unwanted clone. Warning, I could be totally wrong here! ;) PAGELINES > TEMPLATES... in '1. Select Template Area' choose 'Page Templates' (area for main body of page)... 'Which type of page' options appear displaying, 'Default Page', 'Blog', 'Blog Post', etc., choose the 1st one call 'Default Page' and look below that in '2. Arrange sections in area with drag and drop'... IF that section contains 'boxes' (it does not matter 'boxes (1)' or 'boxes (2)'), remove them by dragging 'boxes' to 'disabled sections' side of the page. Warning, this can stuff up your page so please have everything backed up and document steps to bring the page back to the way you want later. Do that to every 'Which type of page'... that is, 'Blog' then 'Blog Post', etc., once you have removed boxes from every single page. Save the site. Go back to PAGELINES > TEMPLATES... and put everything back where you found them (ie. put boxes back on various templates). Of course, if boxes (2) is still visible, don't use it. Save it. Now go to Page Meta data you originally mentioned... Boxes (2) should not be visible. Paul

Gavin_
@cybersphere thanks but no luck on platform pro we had customisation so that we could have content boxes - is it possible that has been copied over and not overwritten with the update? if so where would i look? thanks

Danny
Hi Gavin, The (2) indicates that it is a clone section. What is the content boxes you're referring too, is this a plug-in?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Gavin_
Hi Danny on the original site - one of the pagelines pros added content boxes so we could have boxes alongside a sidebar. but that should not be active on pagelines how did i get a clone? and how do i get rid of it? thanks

Simon
Sounds like its a custom section renamed with a (2) added, can we see the site?

Gavin_
sure its here http://www.atab.org.uk/dev/ the first boxes section are supposed to be there - the boxes (2) are the ones beside the sidebar and you can see the original site here http://www.atab.org.uk/

kastelic
Looks like a clone or at least things it is (it has a class clone_2 ) Are you sure there is no clone if you go to Templates -> Feature Page -> Content? How was the extra boxes section added, was the code copied over from functions.php?

Gavin_
Yes - that was it. I hadn't looked in the content section - only the page section! DOH! The simplest explanation is usually the right one.