Sign in to follow this  
tpldrew

Can I set default meta settings for a specific template in my child theme?

tpldrew

I've been using Pagelines for about a year or so and I really enjoy it. However, I'd love to set the default meta settings for specific templates I've created in my child theme. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Drew

Danny
Hi, Would it be possible to go into greater detail please and also which PageLines product are you using?

Please search our forums, before posting!

tpldrew
Yes sure! I'm using Platform Pro the developer edition on Wordpress 3.3. Is there anything else I can provide?

tpldrew
As an example, I've created a new page template in the Child Theme called Jobs. All my Job's pages have a set of banners that is the same set, they all show a maximum of three banners and they all use the same sub menu. Can I set these in the Template of my child theme so the Meta Settings show up as the defaults? - Drew

kastelic
Sorry, unfortunately this can't be done.

tpldrew
Kastelic, Thanks so much for your answer. Is it impossible? Really? Any ideas on how we could try it? - Drew

kastelic
The only way would be to add your banners to the default banners set, and remove the default ones.

tpldrew
Even in the code of the template? I understand that's the case in the UI. But is it possible to set the Meta variables for a specific template in the template itself? - Drew

Rob
Drew, Meta settings are intended to be page or post specific and there's no place to apply them to a template, category or other grouping. This would require and entire reprogramming of the system. As I understand it, additional global settings will be included in a future version of the Framework, but at present as Jimmy correctly said, this isn't possible.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur