Sign in to follow this  
sislam

News, Events and Blog section on my site.

sislam

Hi, I am new to wordpress and pagelines. I purchased pagelines v2.0 a few days back. Overall I found pagelines to be really easy for a non technical user and have been able to find answers to most of my questions through this forum. The temp url to my site is: xyz.silvercod.com. The url will change after the site is fully developed and launched. On my site, I want to have 3 different sections: News, Events and Blogs. I want blogs that are marked as the "blogs" category to show up in the blogs page. When an user clicks the "News" link it should take them to the page and show posts that are marked as "News". How do I achieve this? If there is a guide please guide me to it. Thanks in advance, sislam.

cybersphere
Hi Sislam, Try this. 1/ Create a few sample blog posts with 'news' category. Do this in POSTS > ADD NEW during the post creation. 2/ Do the same for 'events' category and create some test posts. 3/ Do the same for 'blogs' category and create some test posts. 4/ Go to APPEARANCES > MENU. Then to THEME LOCATION and make sure you have a menu nominated in 'Primary Web Navigation' (not blank). IF nothing is in there, create a custom menu by pressing [+] button. 5/ Still in APPEARANCES > MENU... There is a CATEGORIES box listing all your categories you have already created. Pick your 'news', events' and 'blogs' categories and press [ADD TO MENU] button. That should do it! Paul